Richard Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship
ISM-NH is pleased to announce the 2016 Richard V. Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship. The application is available by clicking on “Scholarships” on the menu on the left and choosing 2016 Richard Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship.
Richard V. Bradshaw, C.P.M., A.P.P., was a member and past president of the Purchasing Management Association of Boston. He was president of the National Association of Purchasing Management (the forerunner of ISM) in 2000-2001, which was a time of turmoil as associations’ governance was completed. He was also Vice-President of the International Federation of Purchasing and Materials Management, a Board member of ISM, and Director of Purchasing for Boston University. He lost his battle with cancer on Feb. 16, 2002. Dick was an avid and enthusiastic volunteer for and supporter of ISM, NSMG (formerly District IX) and the ISM/ NAPM affiliates.
To recognize Dick’s service to the Purchasing Profession, ISM-NH has established a scholarship to help fund the education of children or grandchildren of ISM-NH members. It is funded in part or whole by the Northeast Supply Management Group (NSMG). It is also funded from the proceeds of the 50/50 drawings at ISM-NH meetings and by various ISM-NH educational events. The scholarship amount will be up to $500, with a limit of one scholarship per calendar year.
Each candidate will be considered on:
1) His or her school performance
2) Recommendations by educators, employer, or other qualified person
3) Major or area of concentration with a preference given to business or supply chain management
4) Outside activities such as athletics or volunteer positions
5) A 300-500 word essay written by the student to demonstrate why he or she believes they deserve the scholarship
The applicant must be the child or grandchild of an ISM member who has been a member of NAPM-NH/ISM-NH for at least one year before the date of application.
If the applicant is entering his or her freshman year, he or she must have graduated from an accredited high school with a GPA 3.25 or greater, and must be entering an accredited college or university. He or she must send a copy of the acceptance letter from the college they will be attending with their application.
If the applicant is returning to college for their sophomore, junior, or senior year, he or she must have a minimum college GPA of 3.0. Graduate students who are candidates must have graduated from an accredited four-year educational institution with a 3.0 GPA and must be entering an accredited graduate school, majoring in a business-related or supply management field
- Complete the application form available on this website in the Scholarship menu.
- Email as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application
- Recommendations by teachers, employer, or other qualified person
- Copy of acceptance letter(s) if entering college as a freshman
- Request an official copy of your most recent school transcripts be mailed (from your high school if you have attended less than one year of college, or your college transcripts if you have attended one year or more of college).
You will be notified by email when we have received your application and documentation. The scholarship committee will evaluate your information and notify you when a decision has been made.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, the amount award will be up to $500; the amount will be based on the merit of your application and documentation, and governed by the amount available in the ISM-NH scholarship fund. Since applications are now evaluated as they are submitted, there is no longer a deadline.
Don't miss this opportunity to start enhancing your career, gain valuable support in your job, and network with purchasing and supply management professionals just like you!.
Find out how to join ISM-NH,and the national organization of ISM,all with one low cost.
Your feedback is important to us.